Last updated: January 27, 2021
1. Collection of your Information
A. What Information do we collect?
We collect and use several types of Information from and about you, including:
• Identifiers such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
• Parent/guardian contact information.
• Payment information, including credit card and billing information.
• IP address.
• Geolocation data, when you have enabled location services on your mobile device.
• Non-personal information, such as your golf handicap, golf scores, golf shots, demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Site feature.
• Technical information, including your login information, device type, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
• Non-personal details about your Site interactions, including the full URLs, clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
B. How do we collect Information?
We only collect Information that we believe is reasonably necessary for a legitimate purpose, as further described below. We use different methods to collect your Information, including through:
• Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, such as when you fill in forms, or when you correspond with us through the Site, by email, phone, or otherwise.
• User contributions. You may provide us with Information, including through User Submissions, to publish or display on our Site or transmit to other Site users or third parties.
• Automated technologies or interactions as you navigate our Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources, such as other users of the Site, our business partners and service providers, and unaffiliated third parties (such as advertising networks).
The choice to provide us with Personal Information is yours. In certain cases, your decision to withhold Information may limit the services that we can provide to you through the Site. In particular, the use of certain features of the Site requires that you enable location services on your mobile device. You can change your preferences at any time through the settings on your mobile device to disable location services, but this will limit your ability to use certain features of the Site.
Information you provide to us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Site may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, including Information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for Information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with our Site.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
The Site allows you to submit User Submissions, as described in our Terms of Service. You may provide Information, including Personal Information (such as your image or voice), to be published or displayed through User Submissions on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties. Your User Submissions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Submissions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Submissions. The choice to submit User Submissions is yours, and we do not require users to submit User Submissions.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
• Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.’
• Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The Information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store Information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or on your smartphone. It may be possible refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit DPP Golf, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
• Secure authentication based on keys, such as Facebook login, Apple ID login, LinkedIn, etc.
2. Use of your Information
i. to provide you with access to the Site;
ii. to provide you with information relating to our Site;
iii. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
iv. to follow up on your comments and suggestions;
v. to fulfil the purposes for which you provided the Information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it;
vi. to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
vii. to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
viii. to improve our Site, products, services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences;
ix. to manage and develop our business systems and operations;
x. to monitor and conduct an analysis of our website traffic and usage patterns;
xi. to post customer testimonials, comments or reviews;
xii. to protect our rights and property; or
xiii. to lessen a serious threat to personal safety, health or security.
User Submissions, which may include your Information, may also be distributed published, displayed, performed, transmitted, streamed, broadcasted, or made available to other users, third parties, or the public for marketing or advertising purposes in connection with our business.
3. Disclosure of your Information
We reserve the right to share any Information collected from you with our affiliates, or to transfer such Information to a successor entity or to an entity which purchases substantially all of the assets of DPP Golf.
We sometimes contract with outside organizations to perform specialized services such as hosting the Site. Our suppliers may at times receive, process or handle some of your Information. Only the Information necessary to perform the services under the contract is given to the supplier. Under their contracts with us, our suppliers may use such Information only to carry out the contracted service and must not store or use the Information for any other purpose. Our contracts with suppliers require that they provide a level of protection for your Information that is comparable to our own.
We may also disclose your Information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
• To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DPP Golf, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. Data Transfers
We may process, store, and transfer your Personal Information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your Personal Information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
5. Data Retention
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. To ensure that your Personal Information is secure, we have put in place commercially suitable procedures to safeguard the Information we collect against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or modification, and all Information you provide to us is stored behind firewalls on our secure servers. Nonetheless, transmission of information on the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site, by email or otherwise and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Likewise, the storage of information is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data stored on our system and storage of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
7. Updating your Information and Correcting Errors
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you be accurate and up-to-date. If any of your Personal Information changes, is inaccurate, or is incomplete, please inform us by contacting us at the address provided below so that we can make any necessary changes. By law, you may have the right to access, verify, and amend the Personal Information that we hold about you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the Personal Information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the Personal Information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your Personal Information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
8. Withdrawing your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your Personal Information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at the address provided below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
9. Contact Us